Problem with Written By and Copyright Display + other stuff

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Problem with Written By and Copyright Display + other stuff

Postby lander2 » Thu Nov 18, 2004 10:46 pm

Hi I've just found out about Zionworx and am very impressed.

I have noticed a glitch with the author / copyright display - Apologies is this has already been raised.

Many older songs are no longer subject to copyright but if the copyright field is left blank the writers details do not appear.

Also the prefix "words and music by" is inappropriate in many instances as the writer of the words isnt always the composer of the music but there seems to be no way to get rid of this.

Changes mid service
------------------------
is there a way to change the background image, font attributes etc of a song in the service list without it also changing the background/fonts for the song being displayed. This would be really good combined with a preview window. As far as I can tell there is no way of saving attributes other than in the service list - so if songs has to be added to the service list mid service you are stuck with the default image, font size etc, unless you have opportunity to Fade to Black or run powerpoint. A dedicated preview/edit window together with the ability to alter attibutes of songs without altering the display would get round this.

Powerpoint Control via KB
------------------------------
Is there any way to control powerpoint with the keyboard instead of the mouse and can you make the transition to / from powerpoint smoother ie a fade or wipe.

Anyway - I think Zionworx is an amazing resourse and hope to put it to use very soon.

Lindsay
lander2
Junior

Copyright and zionworks

Postby gregcolby » Mon Nov 22, 2004 4:31 am

:D Hey there, I have just been writing in the copyright box - Public Domain if there is no copyright holder for a particular song (eg. Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee)

Doesn't solve the problem of having to write something but it gives you something to write!!
Blesssed are the peace makers
gregcolby
Junior

Postby keith » Fri Dec 31, 2004 2:01 pm

I'm interested in any views on the second part of this question, the "Words and Music..." bit.

It seems to me to be irrelevant who owns the copyright for the music, since the music is not being displayed. And of course in many situations, particularly with more traditional hymns, there is a wide selection of tunes which may be used, and very little chance that the author of the words had any involvement at all with the tune being used.

A member of my church is a member of the Hymn Society, and he suggested to me that Christopher Idle for one would be greatly embarrassed to find just how many melodies were being credited to his name, not to mention the fact that Bach, Beethoven, Elgar, Holst, and other notable composers would be turning in their graves if they could see all these hymnwriters claiming the copyright and hence the credit for their works...! :wink:
keith
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support