dual monitor support for laptop on win2k

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

dual monitor support for laptop on win2k

Postby eumana » Thu Nov 04, 2004 10:02 pm

I was previously running win98 and had no problems with the multiple displays feature and the extended viewing option. I was able to run the laptop while displaying the presentation screen on the projector. Then I upgraded to WIN2K PRO and now I no longer have the full presentation screen on the projector like I used to on Win98. Instead it projects the same screen as on my laptop. How can I fix this? I am using an HP Omnibook 4150B. Thanks.
eumana
Junior

Clone or Dual

Postby AliBy » Fri Nov 05, 2004 7:55 am

There will be a setting somewhere that enables you to choose between clone (showing the same thing as you are) and Dual (or extended desktop). You may find this under the desktop properties, or another of the control panel tools (a friend of mine found the setting under the game controller options?). If it wasn't working in Win98 then I would also suggest that it couldeb the screen port settings inthe bios, ut as you had it working before that is unlikely.
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby Williamting » Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:28 pm

WIN2K does not officially support dual monitor. So, you may have to revert back to WIN98. However, you may be able to find a dual screen driver somewhere. Try http://www.driverguide.com/. Beware, the driver may also corrupt your system.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support