Can't get dual monitor to work

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Can't get dual monitor to work

Postby mjpjmp » Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:00 pm

First off let me say that I'm NOT very technical!

I have downloaded Zionworx and imported a number of new songs. However, when I attempt to run it I cannot get the dual monitor 'thing' going.

I get the presentation screen on my laptop and on the display screen for everyone to sing off.

How do I configure my laptop so that I can have a different display screen showing on my laptop whilst everyone else sees only the words of the song?

I am running Windows 2000 on a Compaq Armada E500.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Michael
mjpjmp
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Sun Sep 26, 2004 12:54 pm

Hi Michael

You need to go onto the display settings by right clicking the desktop and selecting properties. Now select the settings tab and you should see to boxes labelled 1 and 2. Click on the box labelled 2 and select the option "Extend my Windows desktop to this monitor". Click apply or Ok and hey presto the laptop and projector screens should e different.

Hope this helps,
Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby Williamting » Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:51 pm

WIN2000 is not very good at suppoting dual monitor. Thereofore, if you don't see what Chris has suggested, there is high chance that dual monitor is not supported on your notebook.

If dual monitor is not supported, converting it to WIN XP may solve the problem.

William
Williamting
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support