Powerpoint displaying incorrectly

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Powerpoint displaying incorrectly

Postby Gunny » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:29 pm

I have managed to use zionworx with success ,but I have a problem with Powerpoint. I have Powerpoint 2000 and when I select a page of a presentation and then the green play button it appears on the operators screen not on the display screen. Zionworx works as it should on operators and adisplay screens

Any Ideas
Gunny
Gunny
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:00 am

Hi Gunny,

Welcome aboard!
What you need to do is set the slideshow options in PPT 2000 so that it shows on the secondary monitor.

To do this go to the main menu in PPT and select:

SlideShow->Set Up Show..

At the bottom of the dialog box that appears, change the 'Show On' option to 'Monitor 2' (or something similar).

Hit OK and then when the presentation runs it will be on the secondary monitor as expected.

N.B. Unfortunately, with PPT 2000, you need to set this option for every presentation you load, because of a bug in PPT 2000 which means that this preference is not saved - thanks Micro$oft! They fixed this bug in PowerPoint 2002 though... and for v3.0 we have implemented another workaround to make life easier for PPT 2000 users, so hang in there :wink:

Hope that helps,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Gunny » Tue Aug 17, 2004 3:20 pm

wow Your The man

By the way when is V3.0 out as I see you have a beta testing area on the site and I assume that is for v3.0 that must be near completion. ?

Gunny
Gunny
Gunny
Junior

Postby Christian » Thu Aug 19, 2004 3:37 pm

Hi Gunny,

Yes, things seem to be taking a long time to get finished for v3.0 - but we'll get there. Software development is an inherently slow process unfortunately, especially when it's a spare time activity. But we have an army of beta testers and more hands and brains on the job than ever before.

Incredibly v2.0 is 2 years old next month, yet new users all over the world continue to benefit from it. So we just continue to do what we can when we can - and leave the rest to God :wink:

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Powerpoint 2000 Problems

Postby morvyn » Sun Jan 23, 2005 12:32 pm

We have had to start using this method today as PP has started acting up (have had no problems previously).

If anyone find a permanant fix for this, please let me know!

Thanks

Morvyn
morvyn
Junior

Postby webmaster » Sun Jan 23, 2005 10:02 pm

This is an issue with Power point it cannot be fixed with Zionworx as the fault lies with PPT.

From what I gathr later versions of PPT it gets saved.

To do this go to the main menu in PPT and select:

SlideShow->Set Up Show..

At the bottom of the dialog box that appears, change the 'Show On' option to 'Monitor 2'

N.B. Unfortunately, with PPT 2000, you need to set this option for every presentation you load, because of a bug in PPT 2000 which means that this preference is not saved - thanks Micro$oft! They fixed this bug in PowerPoint 2002 though... and for v3.0 we have implemented another workaround to make life easier for PPT 2000 users, so hang in there

Regards
Edd
webmaster
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support