Songs refreshing/ loading slowly

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Songs refreshing/ loading slowly

Postby Rkel » Mon Aug 16, 2004 12:53 am

We have been using zionworks on a dell p4 laptop with 256 mem and winxp home addition,we have recently swapped to a IBM netvista desktop, Its specs are P3 800Mhz proc 384 meg Ram and duel pci Radeon video card on Winxp home.We are experiencing delays when the songs are loaded, ie it is taking 5 to 10 seconds to go to the next line/verse after the line has been chosen, we didnt experience this problem on the laptop. Also if we minimise zionworks to check settings we cannot maximise it again, we have to ctr,alt + del, select task manager and choose zionworks to get back into the program. In general we seem to be running out of processes. Task manager tells us that we are only using 126 meg of ram and 26% processor usage but we seem to be going slow.
Any help would be appreciated.
thanks overall this is a great product.

Rob Kelly
Rob Kelly
Rkel
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 17, 2004 9:44 am

Hi Rob,

This sounds very strange...

The spec of the desktop PC you're using is more than enough to comfortably run ZionWorx.

One thing that can slow down screen redrawing on slow machines is using a very thick outlined font - perhaps you can try using just plain text and see if the situation improves, just to determine whether the sluggishness could be related to graphics stuff...

Cheers,
Christian
Christian
Site Admin

Thanks Christian

Postby Rkel » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:16 am

You are exactly correct , I was determined not to let this bug beat me, I did exactly as you suggested, I dropped the fonts down to a basic font and off she went refreshing after every mouse click.
thanks very much
Rob Kelly
Rkel
Junior

Postby Christian » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:46 am

Hi Rob,

If you want to still use outline effect for clarity then maybe try just a couple of pixels as a compromise...

Out of interest, what is the spec/model of your graphics card, or is it an 'onboard' type built into the motherboard? If so, then maybe you can change the BIOS settings to increase the amount of 'shared' memory allocated to the graphics hardware - this might speed things up too.

Cheers,
Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support