Importing SoF 1,2 3

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Importing SoF 1,2 3

Postby phose » Fri Aug 13, 2004 5:14 pm

I'm trying to import Songs Of Fellowship vols 1,2 & 3 into Zionworx. I have successfully converted the rtf files into a single text file with the information sent to me by Nick (many thanks) but I am having difficulty importing this into Zionworx. I am trying to accomplish this with Microsoft Access & have successfully imported the text file into an access database. I can then export this out in dbase III format. So far so good but upon importing this into the currrent Zionworx database the imported song entry's are blank. Any tips would be very much appreciated

Peter
phose
Junior

Postby Diceman » Mon Aug 16, 2004 8:47 pm

your formating? can you not simply parse and merge the data into the existing db using one of the techniques mentioned on this forum.

kind regards

Diceman
"Let there be light, cameras and action"
Diceman
Senior

Postby phose » Tue Aug 17, 2004 11:24 am

Have now imported successfully. looks like table format issue. The following seems to work: Import original songs.dbf file into Access & then import SOF text file into songs table. This can then be exported back out as new dbf file to import into Zionworx.
Unfortunately now have issue with last but one line of each song is missing in all new songs & also from original txt file. Looks like python macro issue, has anybody got a working python file that I can use?

Best Regards
Peter
phose
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support