Missing Lines in songs

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Missing Lines in songs

Postby RichardC » Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:35 am

Having just started to use ZIonworx and finding it really useful in services, I have noticed that some of the songs have their last lines missing. I know that I can edit the song database to add the missing lines, but I was wondering if these omissions were deliberate, or just a slight slip when the database was created?

The two songs I have found in the last two weeks with missing lines are "In Christ Alone" and "May the Mind of Christ my Saviour". Are there any other songs like this that I will have to be aware of in future.

Thanks for a great piece of software.

Richard
RichardC
Junior

Postby wnp » Mon Jul 05, 2004 2:47 pm

I think one can reasonably assume that the lines were not deliberately omitted during DB creation (because that would make no sense).

They might of course have been deliberately omitted from the texts supplied by the publisher with volumes 2 and 3 of SoF, in order to more easily spot unauthorized re-use of these supplied texts -- but I doubt that.

If you are using the supplied database, you really also ought to have the floppy and CDROM supplied with SoF 2 and 3, so you could check whether the songs are complete in these MSWORD/RTF documents; that would pinpoint the origin of the omission (but would not answer the question of accidental vs deliberate omission).

I had noticed the missing line on In Christ Alone, and seem to remember that there are a couple of others as well (don't remember which ones, now).
wnp
Junior

Postby Chunky » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:32 pm

I noticed this, and posted the following back in sept. 2003. ;)

http://www.zionworx.org.uk/forum/viewto ... rist+alone

Just add 'em in :)

Chris.
Chunky
Junior

Postby Catherine » Fri Jul 09, 2004 7:44 pm

I have found the same problem with missing lines - it is usually the last line of the song.
If you look at the Word document of the songs you will often find that the last line of these songs have different formatting so I guess that it;s a problem with translating the files to Zionworx
Catherine
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support