Song Sources

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Song Sources

Postby achesson » Fri Jun 04, 2004 11:48 am

Hello, Everbody

As a brand new user, I'm going to be brave enough to ask a dumb beginner question:
Where do we start sourcing songs from or do we just start typing?

Thanks guys
Andrew Chesson
Geelong Australia
achesson
Junior

Start Typing

Postby chris_h62 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 4:03 pm

I'm fairly new to the system as well but to my knowledge u just start typing :!:

If u already have songs on word documents or txt files then u can copy and paste them straight into the add songs window and this will save u a bit of time!

I've seen other people talking about CD's that their church already had which someone's written a macro for to convert them to zionworx. But i don't know alot about that.

Hope that helps but if u have a CD thingy with them on already then post and someone else can probably help u :D

Hope u get on alright

Chris H
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Postby jameshorsley1976 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:54 pm

There are also many web sites that have lyrics that you can cut and paste and save a lot of typing. Just type in the song's name in google or whatever search engine you use and you can fine the lyrics to almost any song. Just be careful in that there are copyright issues with some songs at least in the U.S. It sure saves a lot of typing.
jameshorsley1976
Intermediate

Words on CDs

Postby NACarter » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:42 am

Hi Andrew,

We have the two CD-ROMs containing the words for Songs of Fellowship volumes 1-3 (in RTF format), which came with the music books. I have written a Microsoft Word macro and a Python program which will convert the songs into a text file which can be imported into Zionworx. If you already have these CD-ROMs and would like my macro then please send me a private message with your email address, and I'll send them to you.

Nick
NACarter
Junior

Postby webmaster » Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:10 pm

These Macro files will be available soon as a download.

due to work commitments I was unable to put them online earlier last week.

regards
Edd Stonham
Zionworx Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Update

Postby NACarter » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:42 pm

Thanks Edd. I've since realised that in the Word macro I was breaking up verses which were too long for a single PowerPoint screen, for PowerWorship. That's not needed, however, for Zionworx, so that bit of code could be commented out. I haven't the time at the moment to look at it. If you can't spot it let me know, and I'll have a look later (probably tomorrow - I have a housegroup meeting tonight).

Nick
NACarter
Junior

Postby chris_h62 » Mon Jun 07, 2004 6:14 pm

Has anyone made a macro to convert powerpoint shows with songs on into zionworx by putting it into .txt format? Because that would be really helpful :lol:

If anyone has one could they e-mail it to me please.

Thanks

Chris
Christ Church, Lowestoft
chris_h62
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support