Database availability

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Database availability

Postby mark thompson » Tue May 11, 2004 4:53 pm

Daft question and cheeky of me to ask, but is there a copy of a database that could be made available that contains both Songs of Fellowship and Methodist Hymns & Psalms? As I am sure that if everybody is duplicating the same work importing then alot of time is being "wasted" from doing the job. Yes I know that there has to be someone that does it first but, by sharing and possible merging of databases then everybody benefits? Or am I missing the point and the SOF files can be easily imported?

thanks

Mark Thompson :wink:
mark thompson
Junior

Postby webmaster » Tue May 11, 2004 9:59 pm

This would be copyright infringement.

This could be supplied but we would need to purchase a license to support this.

It would have worked out to cost us, for Zionworx users offered it free around £25k/£30k so we could not offer such a service or place on our website Free of charge.

If enough users wanted to pay for this then I would look into the cost per person as I am working with the company involved in the copyright distribution at present.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Zionworx Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Word Macros Available

Postby NACarter » Wed May 12, 2004 6:48 am

I wrote a Word macro that converted the SoF volumes 1&2 and volume 3 documents supplied on the SoF CD-ROMs into text files in a suitable format for PowerWorship (which we use in addition to Zionworx). I have also a Python program to convert the PowerWorship formatted files into a database (text format) that can be imported into Zionworx (I used Access for this).

If anyone would like a copy of the macros and Python program then please feel free to ask, and I'll email them. You would need to have the original SoF files, so that copyright is not infringed.

Nick
NACarter
Junior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support