ZionWorxz with Powerpoint XP Slide Transition

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

ZionWorxz with Powerpoint XP Slide Transition

Postby Sheldon » Sat Apr 10, 2004 5:17 am

Hi,

We have Powerpoint XP running on WinXP, I was wondering if there is any other way to have ZionWorxz advance the powerpoint slide transition, without having to move the mouse over to the secondary screen. We can get it to work like that, but I was wondering if the controls in zionworxz could be made to also operate the powerpoint transitions as well.

Regards
Sheldon King
IT Represenative Grace United Brethren in Christ Church Canada
GraceUB.org
Sheldon
Junior

Re: ZionWorxz with Powerpoint XP Slide Transition

Postby Christian » Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:58 pm

Sheldon wrote:...is there any other way to have ZionWorx advance the powerpoint slide transition, without having to move the mouse over to the secondary screen?

Sorry Sheldon, I'm not quite sure I understand what you're getting at here... Can you please explain in a bit more detail what you mean?

Thanks,

Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Sheldon » Mon May 10, 2004 3:51 am

Christian,

First of all thankyou for creating this software. Our church has yet to implement this software basically due to the fact that we are/were waiting for a more advanced interface for ppt.

What we would like to do is be able to advance to the next slide for ppt without having to click on the secondary screen.

IE. you have zionworx on primary display, and the lcd (songs, ppt etc) on the secondary display. Well we cannot advance the ppt slide to the next one without having to click on the secondary screen. The mouse must be on that display screen in order to advance (ie highlighted or selected) could there be a cmd in zionworx to tell ppt to advance to the next slide and or to go back a slide etc.

This would be very beneficial.

Thankyou
Sheldon King
Sheldon King
GraceUB.org WebMaster
Sheldon
Junior

Postby Christian » Mon May 10, 2004 4:44 pm

Hi Sheldon,

Are talking about keyboard control specifically? This is an area that we will improve in v3.0. But have you seen the PowerPoint control buttons at the bottom of the PowerPoint tab? There is a next slide/previous slide button there...

Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby Sheldon » Fri May 14, 2004 5:40 pm

hmm ill have to look into that.. and no I didnt know there were buttons... to advance the lcd screen.

Sheldon
Sheldon King
GraceUB.org WebMaster
Sheldon
Junior

Postby intuitas » Mon May 17, 2004 6:34 am

Hi Sheldon,

As Christian suggests the ppt presentation can be controlled from within Zionworx. If you are looking for something which will allow you to control the presentation without being at the computer there is at least one radio controlled usb mouse pointing device which will allow the presentation to be controlled from the pulpit (as long as no one else is fiddling at the same time).

Will check our device out and let you know.

Regards,

Paul
intuitas
Senior

Postby Sheldon » Mon May 17, 2004 4:18 pm

Oh I have a device... its just I couldnt get ZionWorx to make ppt advance to the next screen! (when doing a ppt pres) not a zionworx song presentation.
Sheldon King
GraceUB.org WebMaster
Sheldon
Junior

Postby webmaster » Mon May 17, 2004 8:18 pm

In File > Preferences have you enabled ppt if not you will not see the powerpoint controls ppage.

This will allow you to control a ppt from within Zionworx.

Feel free to email me direct if you need further help.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Zionworx Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support