King James Bible

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

King James Bible

Postby andy2002 » Fri Jul 25, 2003 4:53 pm

I am about half way through creating a database of the kjb chapter by chapter, should take about another week or so, anybody, interested in a copy?
andy2002
Junior

Postby Malc » Sun Jul 27, 2003 10:37 pm

Hi Andy
er, Yes please. That would be great.
How are you proposing to seperate Bible from songs? Is Zionworx cabable of addressing two seperate databases? or will the chapters be in amongst all the songs? :D
Malc
Junior

Postby Chunky » Sun Sep 28, 2003 7:42 pm

Excellent.. Could I have this database too please?
Many Thanks,

Chris.
Chunky
Junior

KJB Database

Postby BrianSc » Mon Sep 29, 2003 5:56 pm

Hi Yes please. After last weekends disaster with our current format, this could be the answer.

Brian.
:)
BrianSc
Junior

Postby Tango » Tue Oct 14, 2003 3:02 pm

This sounds just like what i need , could you send me a copy of this as well , Thnx :)
Tango
Junior

Postby cjh1984 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:41 pm

Yea i'll deffinately have a copy of that mate!! Send me an email, let me know how you will send it
cjh1984
Junior

Simply Download The Bible!

Postby AliBy » Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:58 pm

Hey Guys

It is already available! Just go to this site - http://www.htmlbible.com/#free - and download an access database of the versions available in public domain! There is the King James Bible, American Standard Bible and Young's Literal Translation. If that is what you are looking for?
I am still waiting for the ZionWorx download to open again - I really want to try it out!

Alistair
Alistair Baty
Urban Life Church
Midrand
South Africa
AliBy
Senior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Wed Jan 05, 2005 6:24 pm

You could get the KJV in text format from my website at: http://www.aucp45.dsl.pipex.com/ from my website, password "christ" to extract.
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

The KJV text

Postby Malc » Fri Jan 07, 2005 7:00 pm

Hi

I think we may have lost the original plot on this one. :? When Andy first posted, he was creating a Zionworx database made up of the KJV Bible text. It looks as if that never happened.

We seemed to have now gone off at a tangent with locations of just the plain text for the KJV. There are many sources for that, including Peter's site (thanks anyway Peter). What I think we were all hoping for was a Zionworx database already 'loaded' with the text - like Zionworx as was helpfully loaded (by Christian) with the Songs of Fellowship words.

If anyone has that - please let me know.

Malc :)
Malc
Junior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:07 pm

The reason why I mentioned text files is that it is multi platform and independent of zionworx. All you need to do is create some sort of plug-in to take import/or directly read what you want into the program. This relieves the task for the authors of zionworxs needing/having to update the database/textfiles of bibles and we could easily do that ourselves with a text editor.

The advantage is that the users of zionworx can make their choice of a bible translation who has bought a licence to use on computer: NIV, RSV and etc, and zionwork wouldn't infringe on copyrigths.

If anyone knows how to interpret the contents of a dababase file or knows the file structure, we/I could simply create a batch program in Delphi or etc to convert the 66 *.txt in to 1 .dbt and .dtf. This will solve the issue with having to copy and paste, a tedious task which a coputer can do in a matter of seconds...

As a programmer and engineer this can be done, given the details and specification. Modular programming :)

Peter
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Sun Jan 09, 2005 4:26 pm

OK I discovered how to read dbf and dbt files and have the source code to implement something.

When I have time I'll try and create a simple program to convert files into a format which ZionWorx can interpret i.e. .dbf and .dbt.

Peter
Peter_in_Christ
Senior

Postby webmaster » Sun Jan 09, 2005 7:39 pm

If you create any plugins please feel free to email them to me and I will place them in the downloads area.

This will help others with doing the same thing.

Regards
Edd Stonham
Webmaster
webmaster
Site Admin

Bible in ZW

Postby Malc » Sun Jan 09, 2005 9:07 pm

Well done Peter_in_Christ! :) Look forward to hearing when you have sorted out something. Malc_in_Christ
Hey! we share the same name! (but then we do have the same Heavenly Father :D )
Malc
Junior

Postby Peter_in_Christ » Thu Jan 13, 2005 6:33 am

Peter_in_Christ
Senior

Bible in ZW

Postby michaelfulton » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:38 pm

Hello folks,

I am also trying to get the bible text into Zionworx. Has anyone else done this yet? If so, would it be possible to get a copy of the DB?

Thanks.

Michael.
michaelfulton
Junior

Next

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support