Display Changes Giving Zionworx "Issues"

If you need help and cannot find it in the FAQ area of this forum feel free to ask the question and someone will reply back.

Moderators: webmaster, Christian, Kuok-Tim, ChrisClark, Forum Support

Display Changes Giving Zionworx "Issues"

Postby sirhcllenrad » Sun Nov 16, 2003 10:47 pm

Had a rather superior crash with Zionworx last night.

Was running Zionworx normally, and then changed from two-scren to single-screen settings in order to play a dvd (my laptop cannot play dvd's when the screen in is dualscreen mode).

Zionworx changed the display screen to the background of the primary monitor, and then refused to shut down or close because of some sort of terrible error (I could get the exact wording if you want).

Even cntrl-alt-del wouldn't work at forcing to quit Zionworx, because it would give me the same error message. Eventually XP decided that the program was not responding and quit it for me.

FORTUNATELY I had already saved my service list
UNFORTUNATELY the new songs that I had added to the database were lost

I know that I should not have kept Zionworx running while changing display preferences, and are usually vigilant. Perhaps ZW3 could identify when this problem comes up, turn off the output display and present a message on the screen?

Happy to provide more information if requested.

Chris Darnell
New Zealand
sirhcllenrad
Junior

Postby Williamting » Mon Nov 17, 2003 1:21 am

Hi Chris,
I got this problem too. Indeed you need to be very careful not to change from two screens to one while Zionworx is running. Zionworx refuses to shut down and repeatly generate an error message. I posted this problem when I use my tablet PC. I noticed that this problem also appears in standard pc/notebook.

I just did a test on the db and indeed the new songs are lost. This means that the songs are not "commit" to the db upon enter.

Thanks for sharing. I shall remember this also.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Postby Christian » Tue Nov 18, 2003 10:01 am

OK - sorry you lost your work Chris, but thanks to both of you for highlighting this problem...

I do understand what's going wrong and I can certainly add some protection against that for v3.0.

Cheers,

Christian.
Christian
Site Admin

Postby dparker » Fri Nov 21, 2003 11:39 am

I have experienced this same problem, more by accident than anything else (read my post on 24/10/03 for my details). I dont know about other makes of laptop by on Dell machines, if you close the lid, the laptop automatically turns off the dual display, turns off the LCD, and display the primary screen onto the projector. This caused major embarassment when my unusal (but clean I might add) desktop showed up in all its glory.

Upon opening the lid, the laptop does not revert back to dual display. The screen remains black forcing you to use CRTL-F8 etc to toggle the display. In the end, this activity brings about the errors that are outlined in this post. Also, DO NOT enable any power saving to act on shutting down the display, this will also result in the same problem.
dparker
Junior

Postby Williamting » Sat Nov 22, 2003 12:35 pm

I believe there is a way to disable the "lid down display off" mode. Let me know if you are still having this problem.

God bless,
William
Williamting
Most Senior

Return to Zionworx V2.0 Support